Monday, July 18, 2011

On Darkest Night

On darkest night as crimson tide fair trimmed our distant shore,
I saw the girl with angel’s eyes upon the beach once more,
She slipped away beyond my view and fog now settled in,
Each night I walk this stretch alone in search of her again.

I’ve only seen the maid at night; fair gowned and barefoot she,
Fine tresses lightly tossed behind by breezes from the sea,
But always ever beyond reach my voice she does not hear,
She’ll turn and look and smile at me and then she’ll disappear.

Sweet apparition come to me this is my evening prayer,
So we can walk together and enjoy the sweet night air,
I know that angels up above would help me to devise,
A way to win her heart if I could gaze into those eyes,

In time I know she’ll trust enough and will not turn away,
Until she does I’ll dream of her and search both night and day,
And walk this barren strand again to find the lass once more,
Who’s captured my true heart and soul upon our distant shore.

Peter Lowell Paulson
July 17, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment