Friday, December 19, 2014

Marriage



Marriage


Marriage

Marriage is a blessing,
I have been married longer,
Than I have been single,
My wife is traveling to see our children,
I am single for a couple of days,
You would think that this freedom,
But, all I can think about is her,
I have had the flu,
Grandchildren do not need one more germ from grandpa,
It is Christmas time and grandma is taking presents,
Grandma needs to see the “babies”,
She is being “Santa”, this weekend,
But, Grandpa, is missing Grandma,
I know that if I am feeling this,
Others of felt it, too,
So I will describe it,
Its lips and eyes,
The silhouette,
The babe in slacks,
Those cute boots,
You know,
The hug,
The breath,
Just the presence,
The girl of my dreams,
I thought,
For a nanosecond,
That this would be fun,
To have time on my own,
But, it’s not,
Marriage,
When it’s a good one,
And, this is a great one,
Is a blessing,
I miss my girl!

Peter Lowell Paulson
December 19, 2014

PS  I know this is TMI, but hey!  Sue me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment