Saturday, January 10, 2015

Grandpa-ing





Grandpa-ing

I am a Dad,
I am a Grandpa, too,
I am a good babysitter,
My son called,
“Dad, can you babysit today?”
Grandma was gone,
I had the day to myself,
Oh, what the heck,
I would rather watch a four-year old grandson,
And, a twenty-two month old granddaughter,
Than sit by myself (Grandma was getting her hair done),
We started right off with Cheetos!
Oh, yah,
A small bowl full for everybody,
You would think they had never eaten one bite,
Voracious!
Bologna or Hot Dogs?
“Bologna!”
Everybody ate,
Everybody moved that stuff through,
Poo,
Grandpa hates that part,
NO,
Grandpa HATES that part,
Grandpa loves TV,
Grandpa loves playing pool,
Grandpa loves Sesame Street,
And, every one of the Harry Bunny episodes,
And, Mickey Mouse Playhouse,
We chill,
Oh, Grandpa has “chill” down to an art,
So do his grandchildren,
We chill,
Comforters,
Pillows,
Stuffed animals,
Toys,
Half lidded eyeballs,
Yawns,
Every one fed, and dry, and happy,
Grandma comes home,
“So what have you been doing this morning?”
“We have been busy,”
“Very busy,”
“These grandkids have worn me out,”
“I need a nap,”
“I’ll finish up here,” Grandma says,
“You go get your nap.”

Peter Lowell Paulson
January 10, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment