Thursday, September 21, 2017

My Wife is Going on a Trip



My Wife is Going on a Trip

Your wife is going on a trip,
The first “to do” is “get a grip”,
Initial panic in your mind,
With silence in the house you find.

I’ll watch a show on the T.V.,
The one she didn’t want to see,
I’ll put some coffee in a cup,
And ponder freedom; drink it up.

But, what is that I hear right now,
A desperate cat, and her “Meow”,
She needs some food in her cat bowl,
And, water, too; Oh, bless my soul!

And, clean her box, Yes! That’s superb,
Now, walk the garbage to the curb,
I’ll start the laundry; fold what’s dry,
Put those away; at least I’ll try.

A messy bed is now in view,
I’ll fix it so it looks like new,
If she were here, she’d have a fright,
I never get the sheets quite right!

You’re saying now, “But, you are free?”
Except for this guy’s O.C.D.,
My wife will read this poem and quip,
I’m glad to take this little trip!

Peter Lowell Paulson
September 21, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment