Thursday, March 1, 2018

Music Music Music


Music Music Music

Oh, Music always raises me whenever I am down,
Especially when there’s squabbling or friends aren’t coming roun’,
Of course the Lord is close right now; He’s here in everything,
I wasn’t given talent here I and yet I dance and sing!

I thank the Lord for all of it; each joy or painful toll,
Thank God he gave us music for it reaches inner soul,
It rarely matters what it is; the genre or the mix,
I change the channel all the time; each one can find a fix.

Well, it could be a country song with something ‘bout a girl,
It makes me want to grab my babe as ‘cross the floor we twirl,
Or on a gray and rainy day I put on soulful blues,
My life is so much better than these guys who have no clues.

Yes, kiddie songs and marching tunes can make the spirit fly,
I’m with the swoon of trumpeters as marching I go by,
The symphonies and rock & rock; each string and drumming beat,
My spirit’s lifted up in spheres of heaven where they meet.

Yet unsurpassed, my wife will play the spinet in the hall,
A nocturne or some Christmas song; Yes, it is best of all,
It takes me back to younger days when we were just as kids,
And, placing rings on fingers then, and making our life bids.

Oh, Music always raises me whenever I am down,
It quells; it quiets royally and gives each day a crown!

Peter Lowell Paulson
March 1, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment