Saturday, November 9, 2019

Good Cereal/Bad Cereal




Good Cereal/Bad Cereal

Second childhood, Cap’n Crunch,
Grab a handful, eat a bunch,
Breakfast was my healthy start,
Honed it to a well-fit art.

Quaker oats, Old Fashioned kind,
Peeled an apple of its rind,
Sliced and minced, into the pot,
Heat the water boiling hot.

Add some raisins for some fun,
Cook five minutes ‘til it’s done,
Another fruit, my only side,
Berries, orange they satisfied.

For months and months and then a slip,
Some Raisin Bran one grocery trip,
Life cereal was my next fall,
My “sugar high” in upward crawl.

But, Cap’n Crunch was the defeat,
(Last night it was an evening treat),
I brought it home, my wife was pale,
I said, “We saved! It was on sale!”

Peter Lowell Paulson
November 9, 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment