Thursday, April 15, 2021

Love

 

Love

 

Where does love come from,

Well,

I know where it’s found,

It’s found in you,

The love of my life,

It’s beginning,

And, it’s ending,

Of course,

Is from God,

But, God gave you to me,

I don’t know why,

Because,

Sometimes,

I’m not as loving as I should be,

Yet,

I know,

That I love you,

And,

I know,

You love me, too,

Love,

It grows,

It deepens,

It has depth and dimension,

Beyond comprehension,

And,

It’s very simple, too,

I see it,

When you give me a wink,

I feel it,

When you interlace your fingers in mine,

And, I hear it,

When you say,

I love you,

And, I say,

I love you, too,

That’s when all of our senses combine,

Coalesce,

Collide,

And, the infinite, everlasting nature of it,

Becomes sealed in an embrace,

Where does love come from,

Well,

I know where it’s found,

It’s found in you!

 

Peter Lowell Paulson

April 15, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment