Thursday, February 14, 2013

Mark Hall and Me

Mark Hall and Me

I wonder how Mark Hall could write the same love poem I penned,
You’ll kindly scan the card you found ‘pon copier and send-
It to me for I’d love to see his profound verse and rhyme,
His meter and his syntax formed must be the most sublime!

Mark Hall must be a twin of mine where minds go off to play,
Some universe of poet’s verse entwined in some array,
They say ten trillion monkeys pounding randomly could write-
On typewriters the Gettysburg address; or what a fright!

Now this would be a first in poetry, or music too,
Those two poets who’ve never said, “Hello,” or bid “Adieu”,
Could conjure, build a mixture of the same exacting dream,
And, if it’s so I want to go on Oprah as a team!

Peter Lowell Paulson
February 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment