Wednesday, February 6, 2013

True Grit

True Grit

You can’t rob a robber; you can’t cheat a thief,
I never took anything from one’s relief,
Not anyone’s watch or a dollar in hand,
From honest men’s wages, on this here I stand.

Yet, seven men chased me on horses in play,
From robbing a high interest bank here today,
If stealing is stealing that was their demand,
In New Mexico I will take my last stand.

But, I am a marshal today many years,
I look back; I faced all those men with my fears-
With the grit in my eye, and two guns in my fists,
I turned round and I charged them and blasted in mists.

Now, Missy you hire me to find a man,
That murdered your father, yes, I think I can,
I know all the tricks that a murderer can do,
Move into the wilderness that I’ll pursue.

We captured him now in the law he is wrong,
And, a jury will hang him in rope not too long,
The righteous man lives, and some days he may die,
But, the evil man struggles fore’re by and by.


Peter Lowell Paulson
February 6, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment