Wednesday, June 26, 2013

 
 
Wisdom
 
I talked to a woman a while ago,
A hundred and three; “So what do you know?”
“What is your ‘key’?  We’d all love to hear?”
“Most want to live long, so what do your fear?”
 
“I lived on a farm with Mother and Dad,”
“I was the fifth child in nine that they had,”
“We all had our jobs; we all pulled our weight,”
“At night we would gather for dinner at eight.”
 
“Some pulled the weeds, and some milked the cows,”
“Some helped my mother as Dad worked the plows,”
“We all helped each other to get through the day”
“Another day living was our only pay.”
 
“But, one thing I’ll tell you as I’ve lived my life,”
“I loved every moment of being a wife”,
“The key to long life I learned on the farm”,
“Just pray for a thing, and that is our charm!”
 
 
Peter Lowell Paulson
June 26, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment