Tuesday, April 1, 2014

So Shy



So Shy

So shy and yet I see,
Shape and shadows
Your soft silhouette upon the wall,
Unpinned hair falls,
Caressing your shoulders,
Round and descending,
Intersecting arcs and curves,
And, what unnerves me is my attraction,
Distraction,
That’s what you are,
I am all angle, and edges,
Straight lines,
Corners at 90 degrees,
You, and only you,
Put an end to all of that,
When you were just a girl and I a boy,
True love grows,
Forty years are but an instant,
Still shy,
Sometimes,
I like,
No, I LOVE the real,
I will take the shadow,
I will build a dream,
It fills each day,
It thrills each night,
For us the secular is too limited,
Till death do we part?
Only a start,
We are meant,
In one way, shape or form…
For eternal life,
Together!

Peter Lowell Paulson
April 2, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment