Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Peace of Heaven



Peace of Heaven

Peace of Heaven surround me,
Piece of Heaven surround me,
The solace of twilight,
The solemnness of midnight begins to ebb,
As the edges of dawn creep into consciousness,
I sense all possibility,
A day filled with wonder,
A day filled with winsomeness and fancy,
A day filled with joy,
And, above it all,
Love,
Moments lead to moments,
Sometimes seconds are sufficient,
Necessary,
Turbulence and trouble,
Will saunter and skulk about,
(They always do)
And yet,
I have learned one thing,
When I live into Your will,
Everything moves in right directions,
Everything makes sense,
Minute by minute,
Hour by hour,
I will find,
That peace of Heaven,
That piece of Heaven,
In You,
Only You!

Peter Lowell Paulson
May 9, 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment