Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I Did Not Ask the Garden

 
 
I Did Not Ask the Garden
 
I did not ask the garden to be beautiful today,
And, yet my Love, your wanderlust would take us far away,
My heart belongs to you; of course, my home is where you are,
Where e’er we go when we look up we see the same bright star.
 
Come take my hand; let’s walk awhile into the wood we’ll go,
The ivy covered storied trees, and woodland flowers below,
Ten paces, Boy, and you are here, with every bird in flight,
Red fox and deer that see us here move slowly out of sight.
 
So take me, take me, I will go adventure is our game,
We’ll live our life; we’ll have great joy; no sorrow and no blame,
But, if we stay I’ll kiss your face, and make each day brand new,
And, we can walk our garden laden with the morning dew!
 
 
Peter Lowell Paulson
July 3, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment