Tuesday, July 23, 2013

 
The Tale (Part I)
 
At ten years old I have a tale I want to share with you,
But, many people won’t believe. The tale I tell is true,
While walking out in the backyard I saw amongst the weeds,
A glowing glint of two small spheres; they looked like two gold beads.
 
My mother called with true concern, “Your dinner’s ready, Son!”
“We don’t want food to get too cold; Come in! You’ve had your fun.”
I did not want to lose my treasure, so I grabbed a stick,
And, where the glints of gold now shined I pushed the twig right quick.
 
And, after dinner I just asked if I could get my bat,
It’s outside in the backyard, and amongst the this and that,
I found the troll with golden eyes; I plucked him from the ground,
And, everywhere my world exploded with a deafening sound!
(End Part I)
 
Peter Lowell Paulson
July 23, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment