Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Family Quandary



Family Quandary

I posed myself a quandary,
If I were with my family’
That’s everyone with common genes,
We know each birth and share death scenes.

I flip through pictures here and there,
I’ve felt each smile, I know each stare,
I’ve watched so many; seen so much,
My fam’ly likes to stay in touch!

Some fam’ly lives quite far away,
A land with fjords they call Norway,
But, now my heart is filled with cheer,
I see their daily pictures dear.

Now on to point the quandary,
If I were with my family,
And, on some island we were smashed,
Our plane is down, yes, it has crashed.

If I would lose in tragedy,
What persons would I hope to see?
“Why everyone, why everyone!”
“I could not lose, but anyone!”

We would survive with tears and smiles,
We would survive in all the trials,
In every pain; we all would know,
We loved each family member so!

Peter Lowell Paulson
July 8, 2014

PS: This is the family picture I saw this morning.  We have so many other family members.  I just started with this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment