Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Cherub's Face.



A Cherubs Face

A cherub’s face,
Grace,
Beauty
A bitty thing,
She raises her hands,
She is love,
At her age,
She cannot articulate,
But she wants to say,
“Grandpa”
She wants to say LOTS of things,
But, it is,
“ Blah, blah, bibble,, lha,lah, be, ba, bah, boo”,
And, she is so serious,
I have been here,
Foreigners,
I want to connect,
But,
I say,
Finger,
I say toe,
There is a smile and a want of connection,
A cherub’s face,
An angel,
That God let me see,
In my lifetime!

Peter Lowell Paulson
October 29, 2014

P.S.   This actually a poem about McKenna.  My first granddaughter.  I will write a poem about Grace Paulson, too.  But, I happened to see McKenna last night in her Halloween costume.  She sat next to me in the car.  She looked up at her Grandpa, and the only intelligible word she said in the string of things she was trying to tell me was, “Grandpa!”  I smiled at her and said, “Grandpa!”  She smiled and said, “Grandpa!”  It made my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment