Monday, October 6, 2014

I Know This Path





I Know This Path

I know this path,
It is all too familiar,
Failure, yes,
Success, too,
Yes,
I am happier when I focus on the success,
I will draw a line,
Success things,
Failure things,
Success things,
Make me smile,
Failure things hurt physically,
Toss ‘em,
Toss ‘em in the trash can,
Success things all deal with God stuff,
People-ly things,
My lovely wife,
Everyone in my family,
(Whether or not they are liberal or conservative,
They are family… I see them smile, and I smile, too)
I love the kids,
They are aimless,
I am aimless, too,
Really,
I know this path,
Somewhat aimless,
But, it points upward,
It points toward home,
And, home,
Is filled with love,
It is filled with love!

Peter Lowell Paulson
October 6, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment