Sunday, October 19, 2014

Paris I





Paris I

“Je ne sais quoi”,
“I not know what”,
We would say,
“Whatever,”
Art in the park,
Nudes in the real,
Everywhere you look,
Sculptures,
Mythological gods and goddesses,
Nymphs, and cherubs,
Kings and Queens,
The vanquishers,
And, the populace that vanquished,
The aristocracy,
Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité,
Freedom, Equality, Brotherhood,
We stood with French brothers (and sisters),
Together in our fight for our own American independence,
Nations formed,
Independent and free,
Reunited,
Every time we fight with each other,
Every time we walk down each other’s streets,
We see the French, who love Americans,
There is a Le square Thomas-Jefferson,
In the Place-des-États-Unis,
(Place of the United States),
In the middle of Paris,
These are very friendly times,
I am so glad,
Because,
I love Paris!

Peter Lowell Paulson
October 17, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment