Friday, November 21, 2014

Bed Time




Bed Time

“I am tired”,
(I am not),
“I am going to bed”
“Good night, Sweetie!”
There is a night time to be spent between now and morning,
Assess the day,
OK,
(We could spend an eon on that day),
But, bed time,
Without divulging,
There are swirls of emotion,
And, every desire imagined,
Wars and women,
Conquered,
(And, why would I be among the conquerors,
Because I am just dreaming)
Novels read,
Movies seen,
But, I am a lover,
The committee in my head says,
Sublimate,
It’s OK,
You are a good guy,
You are not Sin Bad,
You are not Black Beard,
You are not Captain Hook,
I like to read about the bad guys,
That’s as far as I get,
That’s as far as you get, too,
I’m tired,
I’m going to bed soon,
I have a great book I am going to read tomorrow,
What, are you doing for breakfast?

Peter Lowell Paulson
November 21, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment