Saturday, November 8, 2014

I Don't Have Your Picture



I Don’t Have Your Picture

I don’t have your picture,
You are a best friend,
We are friends,
I have probably only had two others,
(In the same sex, like my brothers)
My mouth, just went south,
“Stop it mouth…”
“Stop it tears!!”
You are a MAN!
But, a poet man,
I am the strongest man I know,
I can tough the field,
As my coach said,
“Blood makes the grass grow,”
You know,
I actually believe that,
But, you are moving,
A golfing buddy,
To Iowa,
To be with your grandchildren,
The three couples went to dinner,
We toasted,
Wine and beer,
We hugged,
Wives and husbands,
I was very sad,
My wife drove us home,
I cried,
I never cry,
Enough is enough,
I am a man,
A poet man,
But, still a man,
Steel yourself,
Nobody died,
It is time to move ahead,
Your friend,
Is still your friend.

Peter Lowell Paulson
November 8, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment