Monday, November 17, 2014

Winter Love



Winter Love

This is a time for love,
Every day!
And, there is no exception,
Come with me,
Take my hand,
Snow is falling,
I am asking you to ski with me,
With cafeteria trays,
Let’s do it,
Why not,
And, down we go together,
Down snowy slopes,
Rolling in the winter’s drifts,
Throwing snow at each other,
Pushing,
Shoving,
Then hugging,
With short, bright looks into those gorgeous eyes,
With every joy,
Laughing,
Because,
We love,
Each other!

Peter Lowell Paulson
November 17, 2014

P.S. Julie and I skied on the slopes of the Monmouth College campus, on “borrowed” cafeteria trays.  You could sit on them (because you could “pull” yourselves together to fit), especially if you were a female, or stand on them if you were a large male.  This was a Monmouth College “tradition” at the time.  (There was always an “amnesty” to return the cafeteria trays).  J

No comments:

Post a Comment