Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Brother John





My Brother John

My Brother John is my hero,
Always was, and always will be,
Very much alive and thriving,
He was better at everything,
Strength,
Grades,
Athletics,
Goodness,
My Hero,
We were paperboys together,
Oh, yah,
Chicago Tribune,
Every morning at 5 a.m.,
Paper drop,
John was on top of it,
He shook me,
Get up!
He broke the twine,
Rolling and putting the rubber bands on,
He rolled two (easily) to my one,
Come on,
Get going,
Always athletic,
We smoked as teenagers
(We don’t anymore),
We pushed and fought,
And, fished together,
We knew girls,
We never shared what should not be shared,
Gentlemen,
We were raised as gentlemen,
But, we were men,
We were raised to be men,
Never strike a blow,
Never strike a blow, first,
If someone hits you,
Don’t let him forget you came to defend yourself,
My brother and I,
Didn’t have to worry too much,
About this stuff,
We were tough enough,
And, John,
We have through some tough time
But, you are a tough guy,
John,
Was and is my hero!

Peter Lowell Paulson
November 22, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment