Monday, November 10, 2014

Our Morning Walk



Our Morning Walk

Why would I step out?
Except to step out with you?
Your funny,
But STILL cute shoes,
There is nothing trivial,
About our relationship,
I love everything about you,
Even when you irritate me,
OK, sometimes you do irritate me,
Let’s be honest,
But, you are the best of me,
And, I always hope, that I am the best of you,
The weatherman say’s,
We have another good day tomorrow,
Then we have to plan,
For the winter walks,
Funny shoes,
Or boots,
And long johns,
When you slip your long johns on,
I peek,
(We have been married for forty years),
You always say,
“Hey, buddy, mind your business!”
I look away,
And, smile!
What, a cutie!
Isn’t that what love is all about!


Peter Lowell Paulson
November 10, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment